Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Bars - Pecan & Black Date Bars

             Making these bars brought back so many happy memories of years gone by!!!  How swiftly they have flown!!! I remember when we in school, during the breaks how we used to rush to the tuck shops to queue & buy something wholesome to tuck in with the little pocket money we had & sometimes when we had a little bit balance, we will buy something sweet. I also remember that the auntie used to sell something like these bars, though of course there were no pecans or walnuts just toasted sesame seeds, & then these were wrapped in colourful plastic like the ones I wrapped my Pecan & Black Date Bars & wrapping my bars in these colourful wraps, reminded me that when we were in Primary 1, the Head of the school had assigned each student a colour; ie we were either in Yellow house, Red, Green or Blue & we were to remain in this "house" till the day we left school!!! And come Sports day, all the students, if you are in the Primary; all the students from Primary 1 to 6 will combine in their assigned "coloured house" & of course in the Secondary it will be the same; all the students from Form 1 to 5 will house together & it was great fun meeting our older sisters, will be yelling in support to their fellow house mates when the race began; whatever it may be!!! And not only that, we tags like "Yellow, yellow, dirty fellow!!!" I was in Yellow house thus I can remember this well but sorry have forgotten what other tags for the other colours!!!


         Sorry for digressing from the subject matter.  









                                Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia 

No comments: