Total Pageviews

Friday, July 13, 2012

Fondant daisies & butterflies decor

              When I baked my Chocolate cake recently for a family birthday, I made some fondant Daisies & placed it on top of the cake just for a different effect & the result was, the cake was greeted with much excitement from the birthday guests & it also culminated in one of the guests ordering my Chocolate cake for her daughter's birthday. She told me to make Blue & White flowers & gave me a free hand with regard to the fondant decor & I decided to make 2 small sizes of Daisies; made them Blue & White & 3 sizes of Yellow Butterflies as I thought it would blend very nicely with the flowers. 


               I learnt to make my own Fondant 2 years ago but never made the overture to do same until recently when a good friend requested me to make her Wedding cake!!! I was thrilled & at the same time a little scared as inspite of learning to make Fondant & some simple flowers, I never tried doing same as I did not find the occasion for same so when the request for the wedding cake came, I took the bull by the horns & started making the fondant flowers; baby steps first with the daisies & from there I want to practise on some other flowers like Calla Lilies as I have been fascinated with Lilies!!! 














                     A picture of my first attempt at making the fondant flowers on my Chocolate Moist cake.


                    Can't wait to put these on my Chocolate cake tomorrow with its sexy black colour, the colour combination of the daisies & butterflies would be awesome. 


                     Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia. 



No comments: