Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Gula Melaka Chiffon

        One of a pre-requisites of a Nyonya's kitchen is stocking things like Gula Melaka, Santan [fresh or otherwise] & not to forget to mention things like Belacan, Chillies, etc, etc, & more than likely, you can also find Pandan, Limau Perut plant, Mint, Kelsom, etc. etc. in the back yard.  


        So when a good friend told me she was dropping by to collect the Salt Fish Pickle that she ordered from me, I decided that since I have Gula Melaka & UHT Santan & of course, Pandan leaves in the garden, I would bake a Gula Melaka Chiffon cake, which was light, not so sweet & the lingering aroma of the Pandan & Gula Melaka.  I always used to make Orange & Pandan Chiffon cake & have been meaning to bake this Gula Melaka Chiffon since I learnt same & finally I had a reason to do this :)






                        Till my next post,xoxo, Ophelia

No comments: