Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Calla Lilies

                    Still in decorative mode, I made these Calla Lillies, teddy bear, butterfly & some red & orange flowers.  Made the inner stem, of the Calla Lillies, 2 days ago; wasn't free to do the Calla Lilies due to a cake order, so made the lilies this evening.  


                   This time I made Gum Paste.  I prefer Gum Paste to Fondant as Gum Paste flowers/decor can be rolled very, very thinly & they look more realistic.  Though they are far from perfect, I am quite happy with my maiden attempt.  Will practise more to raise my own bar :)







                       I made 2 plaques of a friend's office; one I left it plain & this one here I dusted with a little yellow dust & tomorrow I will probably dust a different color to give a 2 tone effect. One of them will be placed on the Chocolate cake she ordered.


                       Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia 

No comments: