Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Maiden attempt in Gum paste Orchid & Carnations

          Being requested to make a wedding cake 2 months ago has unleased the dormant passion.  I had no back ground in making fondant flowers.  I learnt how to make fondant from scratch 2 years ago & the Chef taught us to make simple flowers like Daisies & some filly flowers but I was too "lazy" to do, thinking that there was no market for me to make these, until 1 1/2 months ago when I make some fondant daisies & place them on my Chocolate cake for a family birthday & then I started getting some orders to do same & ever since then there was no turning back. Every day I put aside some time to learn from the various tutorials on youtube.  When I saw something I love, I searched for that particular mould & went amok & started investing in many moulds, tools, etc, & then trying to replicate them & these are my effort for the past two days. 





                            Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia 

No comments: