Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 5, 2012

My first cake for a company's anniversary

              Most of the time the cakes that my customers ordered from me are for family celebration or gathering so when a new friend & a first time customer requested me to bake a cake for a company's anniversary, I was quite thrilled to break into that "arena!!!"


              Given as I was requested to do same 2 1/2 days before the auspicious occasion, I was quite disappointed that I could not find any numerial mould that I could work on so my next best bet was a beautiful candle.  Perhaps I could make a plaque of the company's name in Gum Paste & incorporate the Company's colours!!! I was keeping my fingers crossed that I would have that colour!! So when I enquired as to same, I was told that it was Grey!!! Wow!!! I didn't have Grey but I had Black & the fondant that I made from scratch was White so I went to work on same, buoyed by the indescrible feeling that I would get there somehow!!! When I was in 1st gear, so to speak, I added the Black to the White Gum Paste without much fear; & squeeze & kneaded the gum paste till I reached the 2nd gear, when it was just a pinch of Black on a toothpick then when I was in cruise control, I knew that I had a winner as I achieved the shade that I loved!!! 


             I rolled the Gum Paste to the thickness that I wanted then I pushed in the alphabets that I needed; pulled it out gingerly & then layed it down on a rack to dry.  I made 2 sets just for insurance in case one "crashed" out on me.  It was only when I dusted the pearl lustre, that is normally used for wedding cakes, that I let out a squeal of delight!!! It simmered just like I intended it to be!!! So it to the Hubs, who nodded his head.  See for yourself below.






Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia

No comments: