Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Red Velvet cake

            My girl bought me a slice of the Red Velvet cake from her favourite shop for me to eat & see whether I could come up with my own interpretation of same.  As I chewed on the cake, I took note of its taste & texture.  I noted that it was not a sponge cake nor was it a heavy cake; hmm, it was a cross between a light sponge & a butter cake so that set my wheels on motion.

            I have baked a Red Velvet sponge cup cake twice last year with a cream cheese frosting that she couldn't get enough off, so as far as the frosting goes, I didn't have to worry about that.  So I decided to create my own Red Velvet butter cake using fresh beetroot juice & some food safe red colouring as she did express she wanted it to be more red than the one I made for her birthday last year.

           If you were to ask me on my comments, I would say that the cake was not too bad; I just need to add a little bit more of the beet root juice the next time I bake this again.






                                             Beet root 




                                    Oops!!! air pockets!!! 

                                   Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia 

No comments: