Total Pageviews

Friday, September 14, 2012

Making an Orchid throat with gum paste


       Ever since I started making Gum Paste flowers almost 3 months ago, I have been consumed by this surplus energy morning, noon & nite & whenever I have finished my preparation for my cake orders if any or house hold chores for that matter, you will find me sitting contently trying to do gum paste flowers as it fills me with tranquility, haha the games I play on the Ipad have certainly taken a back seat!!!

         While out shopping for new tools for gum paste and fondant, this angel wing veiner & the mould caught my eye, I had to have it even though it cost an arm & a leg, I had to have it as obviously after I have given my utmost concentration on the flowers, I would be doing, haha, hopefully I can make it, angels for my cakes & other toppers for cup cakes but for the moment I am  concentrating on making flowers.  So I thought to myself why not make this into an Orchid throat & though the Throat may not be botanically correct, it would look etheral on a white Orchid. The iridescent throat displaying a spectrum of colors when it catches the light & from different angle & when I showed the finished "product" to the Hubs, he smiled & gave me a nod!!!
                        






                                       Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia. 

No comments: