Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Sambal Belacan



         I did mention in my post on Nyonya Prawn Lemak with pineapples that I would post on how I make my Sambal Belacan & if you were to make the Prawn Lemak make the sambal belacan and squeeze some limau kasturi as the lemak & the sambal belacan goes well together like a horse & carriage!!! I learnt this from one of my cooking lessions at one of our 4 Star hotels here. What the Chef taught us was not so much how much fresh red chilles, chilli padi, daun limau perut & toasted belacan pounded together But the fact that after you have pounded/blended your sambal belacan to scope same onto a frying pan on medium low fire for a short while to let the liquid evaporate & once it has evaporated, add a dollop of vegetable/cooking oil, a little sugar & let it tumis for a short while.  Once cooled completely put in a tupperware & refrigerate same. This way your sambal belacan will not have a raw taste and can last for a week in the fridge.




                         Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia 

No comments: