Total Pageviews

Monday, September 10, 2012

Tiger Lily

           Day 80 of making gum paste flowers - Wow making my first Tiger Lily took 2 days of "work" that is not inclusive of giving it a face lift & how many times I had to redo it till I was finally pleased with it.  It isn't perfect but I am quite happy for a first attempt & definitely there will be more of it.  It wasn't easy though; having to making each petal & affixing it on a wire & then when all 6 have been dried for a whole day, had to make the centre part & tying them up with the glue tape; what a task it was; making sure you don't nick the tips of the petals but in the end when you are able to do same; it simply gives you tremendous joy that you perservered & I think the key to ultimate success & happiness is perserverance.

           Today if I am free, I will give it a lustre both the Lily & the leaves & then dotting them with small black dots.



                                   Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia 

No comments: