Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 6, 2012

A gift to a friend at son's full moon



               The Hubs told me that we were invited to his friend's son full moon so I thought it would be good if I could bake a cake & top it with a gum paste Orchid then 2 days before the dinner I thought it would be nicer if I could top the cake with a baby which I saw on a blog.

               I decided to bake two Chocolate cakes & top one with my Orchid, just in case I had trouble with the 2nd option & trouble indeed I had as 2 days weren't enuf to dry the wheels of the cart properly & I put it on top of the cake when the ganache had not set slightly longer so when I placed it on the cake; the wheels dislodged itself :( Anyway thank goodness, the rest were in tack so I was happy to see that there was no cake at the function & mine caused quite a stir among the old & young alike & many came to thank me for my simple gesture!!! 










                    Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia 

No comments: