Total Pageviews

Monday, October 8, 2012

Stained Glass Flower


                I did mention in my blog that I went to learn Edible Painting from Kelvin Chua, a Sugar Artist then when I heard that he was giving another class - Fleur. A stained glass effect of flowers; I knew that I had to again, clear my calendar & go for same.

                The first time I went for his class, I was a little nervous as was not interested in painting while in school & I couldn't paint to save my life but after a little warm up, I felt more brave.  He is so gifted & I was glad I went for the first class & if you were to ask me to rate my end product on a scale of 1 - 10; I would say I was a 5.

                Then the Fleur class came along.  This time I knew what to expect, I was nervous at all; I was all geared up!!! And I was glad; as this time the flowers, we had to do, didn't have so many petals!!!!!!! I had a grand time.  I didn't want to be too adventurous & fill the top & sides of the fondant covered dummy.  I went slow as was my style as I wanted to concentrate on a small section and also I wanted to do the rest at home.  There were 10 of us; all of them very much younger than me; so they were more motivated to do as much as they could & they did!!! Kelvin kept showing us the techniques & kept telling us to make sure that we had a pretty side to show.  Some of the students groaned as they had so much to do & me, I was "shivering!!!" I only did 1 side & if I made a mess; I am dead!!! But thank goodness I was happy with what I did.  I felt that I did justice to myself.


                   These were the handiwork of all the esteemed students & mine is the first on the right which has a plain white top :)

                      Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia 



No comments: