Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 8, 2012

sitting Golfer Birthday cake


              It has been a while since I last posted anything.  Day 136 since I first started moulding gum paste flowers and figurine and it is an awesome feeling; I feel that this is where my heart belongs.

             Every nite without fail I will be surfing the net to search for something simple on gum paste/fondant that I can do and when I saw in one of the sites of a guy sitting on the edge of the cake, I knew immediately that that I want to mould same for the Hubs' birthday & giving it my own take by adding a golf club in his hand.  If you were to ask me, on the rate of 1 - 10 in terms of difficulty, I would rate it a 7; affixing the shoe was not an easy task even though I stuck a small bottle underneath the shoe for support then came making the arms; another huge task but I never lost track of my patience, I just pushed myself until everything finally came together. After all the holidays, I will start trying to mould a more realistic nose, mouth etc in order to go to the next level.











                                      Wow I had to rectify the left arm. See the first picture for a partial make over!!!



                                       Left arm rectified and at the same time redid the bottom part of the body; thus the blue pants, as the earlier one i.e. the white pant figure toppled forward.

                                       Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia.

No comments: