Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

3rd attempt to make gum paste Orchids


          It has been a while since I made gum paste Orchids and I love making them as, unlike Roses, it is comparatively easy to make Orchids & since I have the moulds and veiners, making them was like walking in the park. I prefer making my own gum paste & then making flowers or objects as opposed to using fondant as it allows me to roll them very thin as then the petals look more life like.  I need to lay them on apple containers before the petals are strong enough to be unmoulded & haha, playing the waiting game is boring!!! Learnt how to make them just by checking out the tutorials on Youtube. 


       
                        Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia 

2 comments:

Nichole said...

These are beautiful!

Ophelia said...

Thank you so much Nichole!!! Warm regards.