Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

An imperfect Orchid - broke one of its petals


          When I made the recent batch of Orchids, I inadvertently broke one of its petal. I was heart broken as I love making Orchids. My first impulse was to throw it away then as I stared at it longer, I realised that I could still salvage it!!! I could tint the edges & perhaps, the broken piece would add some beauty because even if I wanted to make a "broken Orchid" again, I couldn't!!! I couldn't cos how can one break a petal intentionally??? So armed with that consolation, I did precisely that and I found that indeed the tinted broken petal gave dimension to the Orchid & I loved it!!!  It also reminded me that there are some times in our lives, when we, ourselves, are figuratively speaking, in a broken state due to so many things, a lost love, a broken marriage, a death, a lost job, etc. This also reminds me of the moving lyrics of the powerful song, "How can you mend a broken heart?" It is the norm for most of us to then retreat to our "shell" & "mourn" in privacy for whatever reason & hopefully, perhaps we will emerge stronger & better to face the world. Praise the Lord, Allelulia. Amen.



                      Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia.  

No comments: