Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Here I go again, Shoes & more Shoes!!!


       Sometimes when we want to raise our own bar, we will always try to find a way to sneak some time to do the things that we love. My only regret is that I started late in this journey of "playing" with gum paste and making my own gum paste from scratch makes the joy even better. 

       The last time I made a batch of gum paste, I increased the recipe by 5 times and that was about 2 months back and I wrapped them into individual balls and I was happy to note that when I used the last ball of gum paste a few days ago, the gum paste was still in good condition and did not harden.  So today, since I ran out of same, I made another batch and this time I increased it 6 fold using a total of 1440 gm of icing sugar. After initially using the Kenwood machine, I had to knead it manually using some shortening until it combined and I am real glad I have more gum paste to play with and this should keep me happy for some time.

       These two shoes are the latest I made. 

















                                       Making these tiny bows was a feat in itself!!! 

            Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia 

No comments: