Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 17, 2013

A Bow cake




           I was churning in my head over what cake to bake that would befit a much loved Aunty; a cake which could stand on its own; without any need to fuss with any decor? Then I thought of the bow pan that I bought many years ago & which I have baked my Orange cake twice with.

          There are a few reasons why I hesitated to use that pan as I felt that the cake, though it looked splendid, would be slightly dry at the edges.  This, of course, is my personal view & without prejudice. I needed to tweek on my trusted Orange cake for this particular pan & did a brain storming & do a trial run before the birthday. I finally came up with the idea that I would incorporate some whipping cream to the Orange & Lemon Juice to make a sour cream from scratch.  I have in other instances added sour cream to a Sugee cake which made the Sugee cake more moist so why not now? And this time I decided that since I had Passion fruit juice in the freezer that this time for the sour cream I would use Orange & Passion fruit juice.  I have not used Passion fruit juice before & I was pretty excited so I did just that & when the cake was in the oven; I was twiddling my toes & crossing my fingers; hopping that this time I would strike it rich, no pun intended!!!

          After removing the cake from the oven, I cooled it for 10 minutes before I unmoulded same with so much ease; just turned it onto the rack & it came down easily. When the cake cooled down sufficiently; I cut a piece for myself & the Hubs & with abated breath, I tasted same. I found that it was quite soft & waited for the next morning to give it another review & viola, my sour cream did the trick so now I bake this cake for the birthday!!! Yay!!! 

              Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia.

No comments: