Total Pageviews

Monday, April 28, 2014

Vanilla Sponge batter


        It has indeed been quite a while since I blogged!!! Been busy baking Coffee flavoured Macadamia Shortbread and Chocolate cakes for sale and since I had a little time on my hands I thought I would upload a picture of my Sponge cake batter and to share a tip for "young" bakers. 

              Back in the eighties a bunch of us started "following" a few reknown Pastry Chefs and we attended most of their classes, from cakes to bread and to pastries!!! We were all fired up with a Passion for Baking and we try as much as possible to keep our Saturday afternoons free so that we can learn their specialities and what a ride we had!!! And from baking, it was only "logical" that we took up cooking classes as a spin off; Chinese cooking, Thai cooking, Indian cooking, Fusion, etc. etc. and the amount of files I had to store all my treasured recipes. One thing for sure I am real happy that I had the wisdom to start learning all this and had no regrets spending thousands of dollars trying to learn as much as I could as I knew from the onset that when I retired I could spend my time doing something that I loved. Sorry I have, again, digressed from what I wanted to "say".

               I remember what one of the Chef use to tell us with regard to a good Sponge cake.  He told us that to know whether we will have a good Sponge is that when we pour the Sponge batter onto our baking tin, the batter should flow like a Ribbon :) 


                I love looking at this picture. Doesn't it look super sexy?

               Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia. 

No comments: